Thursday, February 28, 2008

Whats on my door step?

What's that on my door step?


Tubes!

I'm starting two new projects- a fairly straight forward lugged road bike with classic Italian geometry and a light weight hybrid construction (fillet/ lug bilam) step through city bike. At the moment I am experimenting with simul builds to keep working one one project when the other is tied up mid process (ie- doing fillets on frame two to give my hands a break from finish work on frame one). Both will are full Dedacciai (road Zero Tre, mixte Zero Uno). I generally mix and match tubes from different sets and manufacturers, but these fit the build perfectly just as they are.

I'm a bit in limbo as the bike I had planned on starting is still waiting on drop outs and a BB shell. Hence the simul build- looks like I can start the other!

Its been a busy UPS week. In addition to the tubes, I just received the hubs for the track build as well. They have inspired a "Guilty Pleasures" set in my flikr account. Tasty Dura Ace NJS goodness. Not because we need to, but because we can. And the box advertised the "Crystal Garnish" feature that must make them very fast indeed.

No comments: