Monday, February 25, 2008

Feeling better!

Well, just after ranting about crappy customer service, today I had a stellar run of good luck.

The donut lady (or "doughnut" lady for those not from New England)was fantastically chipper for it being 5:15am. Surprisingly she was just as chipper when I discovered I had forgotten my wallet at home. To show my gratitude I doubled my order and added a cup of joe when I returned after running home for money.

I received a voice mail from one of my tubing suppliers explaining that he had forgotten to charge me for part of my order. Rather then make it a hassle, he called and said he made a simple mistake and would appreciate it if I corrected the invoice. This is a man who sent me several hundred dollars worth of inventory with a printed invoice and trusts me to send in payment. When was the last time a mail order company sent you something yet to be paid for?

I also received a standard version of a disc hub I ordered from another supplier. I emailed them, and by that afternoon I had the correct part and a pre-paid UPS return label on the way. Not only did they make it right, they made it a priority to make it right right away.

See, I'm not such a hard ass. Two of these companies made mistakes today, but it wasn't a big deal. Both went out of their way to be honest and to correct the mistakes expeditiously- and that is really all I could ask for. They have inspired me to add a list of company links for folks that have done right by me (see left). I'm not connected to any of these guys, I just appreciate their integrity.

On the Quixotic front, I sprayed the track frame today.

I'm still pretty green in the powder coat booth, and this was a bit of an experiment for me. Three colors in three cook cycles to get a layered pearl fade. I don't normally go in for fades (at least not since 1994), but the tube shapes seemed to scream for it. Black and chrome followed by black detailing all layed under a sweet rasberry pearl. I've attached a spy photo as a pre-build teaser. If I can get the ducks in a row I hope to do a semi-studio shoot for this one.





PS- blogging is very new to me. I'm still trying to figure out the whole "labels" bit in a way that is actually helpful for other folks. Please shoot me an email or comment with suggestions. Thanks!

4 comments:

steve garro said...

nice stuff, man! musta been joe bringheli - that guy sent me a $2000+ alignment table and told me to send him a check! keep bloggin' steve.

Quixotic Bicycles said...

Joe it was!

Thanks for popping over and checking it out. Thanks, too, for the helping hints.

Andrew Campbell said...

Eric: nice looking trackie! Can't see it up close but that's a pretty good-looking fade from here. Almost like a mid-90s Klein.

A

Kathryn Hall said...

please contact me regarding a frame. john lindsley mentioned you to me.
thanks, kathryn 345-3425