Thursday, February 7, 2008

NAHBS Tomorrow!

I generally fill my days working at Bike Friday here in Eugene. Bike Friday is a small company that makes some truly innovative products. How many bikes do you know that can convert between a tandem and a single, all while fitting in a suitcase?

One of the great things about working for BF is the general bike craze culture. Part of my terms of employment include making a bike for myself. Well, I finished a (decidedly not stock)folding fixed gear path bike just in time for Oregon Bicycle Constructors Association show in November. It was a great event showcasing part of the huge local talent pool.

After that smashing success we decided to ramp up for an even bigger turn out at this years North American Handbuilt Bike Show, a national venue for craft built bikes. I'm pretty excited to not only have built a pretty cool (and space conscious) booth for the show, but to have my bike return to Portland for an even bigger crowd!

While I will be up Friday and Saturday, I likley won't be working the booth (to much other eye candy, networking and catching up with old and new friends!). In any event, stop by, say hello to the boys, and take a peek at the bikes!

Hereis a little teaser shot of my bike Jonathan Maus posted on Bike Portland. (He called my bike classy). See you this weekend!

2 comments:

Andrew Campbell said...

While I can only see the front-end, who knew you had such talent? Just kidding. Have fun this weekend.

A.

Quixotic Bicycles said...

Great time! Bit zonked and my bike laden brain needs a rest (been working on the sprint frame off and on today). Steve and Denise say 'ello. I'll have a brief recap up tomorrow.