Thursday, April 17, 2008

Depth

I have been going nut job bonkers lately with all my crappy frame pictures. The depth of field has been all off, and I have great pictures of crisp door jams with blurry frame details obstructing the view.

I'm a bit of a luddite, and have only relatively recently moved from a camera that works fine without a battery to a digital P&S (or POS depending on my frustration level).

Today, in a frantic button pushing session trying to change my ISO I discovered that my camera has a MACRO setting. Holy moly- I really should pay more attention to the owners manual (which I read).

To celebrate, here is my first successful macro shot showing the beginning stages of lug thinning.





*Etymology Trivia Points- Holy moly (first used by Capt. Marvel in 1943 as "holy moley") is a rhyming derivative of "holy mackerel", which was first used around 1803. True Luddites (1811) would have preferred the fish reference.

No comments: