Wednesday, June 4, 2008

As the tube turns...

Last blog entry I mentioned turning town some seat tube sleeves for the his and her bikes. Here is a great shot with the full thickness tube next to the slimmed down sleeve laminate. This will make brazing up a breeze with no weight penalty.


Unfortunately, the tubes I ordered for this bike went on a bit of an adventure. After leaving Dover and hopping on a plane in Heathrow they arrived safely in San Francisco. They then took a turn for Oakland rather then Eugene where they have had a great little vacation. I think I've gotten that straightened out, and hope to use them soon.



Can't wait, since this
monster needs a new home!







So as to not sit ideally in the meantime I have started another quick project. No details yet, but it will let me play with a few features I've been meaning to experiment with. Its rather impromptu and is a fun exercise. I'll post more details when I get further along, but here is a teaser shot from tonight!





*Tonights Quixotic entry has been made possible by the smooth sounds of Astrud Gilbert.

No comments: