Monday, May 12, 2008

10 days later...

Sweet bejeezus- its been 10 days since my last post. A big thank you to the faithful that have checked in sans updates this last week, I appreciate it.

After the weekend of birthdays that called me away I just wrapped up a visit with some friends in Seattle to celebrate a wedding. It was a great visit! (Thanks Amanda, Brian, Hayden and Richard!) Yes- that is wedding cake in my mouth.

Just before taking off I snapped a couple of shots of another home brew tool- this time a jig for holding brake bridges and such.


As much fun as it was to hang out with friends, I did get a mighty hankering to get back into the shop. I picked up work on a stem from last Friday- I hope to get it in a paint batch with a frame set this week. Below is a raw brazing shot and another showing some progress. More on flikr.

2 comments:

Andrew Campbell said...

Are you telling me they had donuts as wedding cake? I would have crashed that wedding.

Hey, is Joe's still open in Sandy, OR? Sorry, Homer Simpson moment...

A+M+M+J

Quixotic Bicycles said...

Top Pot in all its glory (they were even layered- thats right, heaps of donuts!).

Joe's- Google reviews tells me it was at least open till Sept. of this year, so I would guess so. Mmmmmm... sugar bomb.